Offered at: Appleton, Beloit, Green Bay, Kenosha, Madison, Mequon, Midtown Center, Miller Park Way, Online, Waukesha
Major: Health Care Management
Health Care Management program addresses supervisory skills essential to fields of management and administration throughout the acute, community and long term systems of care. These skills are integrated with concepts and themes from a variety of disciplines working collaboratively to understand, make decisions, and direct change within the health care setting. Opportunities to enhance personal growth and promote professional development are encouraged to help build the foundation for continued growth.
The Health Care Management Bachelor’s Degree program is a State of Wisconsin approved “regular course of study,” qualifying the graduate to take the Nursing Home Administrator examination. Students graduating with the Bachelors Degree in Health Care Management in states other than Wisconsin may be required to take additional classes and/or participate in an externship in order to qualify for the examination.
The goals of the Health Care Management program are to:
- Analyze health care demonstrating acceptance of individuals as holistic beings, created by God, respecting the dignity, worth, and rights of the individual;
- Synthesize knowledge from the sciences, humanities, and management theories as a basis for problem-solving and decision-making in health care;
- Evaluate research results applicable to health care practice;
- Demonstrate a willingness to work cohesively and communicate interpersonally with members of the interdisciplinary health care team;
- Create a reflective self-plan for personal and professional growth;
- Recognize current trends and issues relative to health care management;
- Respect diversity within the health care community for both those who are served and the providers of care
- Demonstrate effective communication, in writing and presentations.
|Core Requirements 1||26|
|Core Courses Required for Major 1||18|
Courses are listed in both the Core and Major content areas, but are only counted once for the degree.
For transfer students, please see the Advanced Transfer Core.
|AL 107||Student Success Strategies||3|
|AL 234||Speech Communication 2||3|
|AL 204||College Writing 2||3|
|AL 159||Heritage of Faith 2||3|
|AL 169||Business Statistics 2, 3||3|
|AL 272||Organizational Management 3||3|
|AL 356||Critical Thinking and Creativi 2||3|
|AL 331||Mgmt Principles in Health Care 3||3|
|AL 341||Health Care Marketing 3||3|
|AL 359||Human Resource Management 3||3|
|AL 365||Financial Accounting 3||3|
|AL 338||Financial Issues in Health Car 3||3|
|AL 340||Health Care Ethics 3||3|
|AL 342||Eldercare 2||3|
|AL 334||Health Care Planning and Evalu 3||3|
|AL 444||Health Care Practicum||6|
|AL 474||Integrative Project 3||3|
Core courses taken in the Major Sequence.
All students pursuing a Business major must earn a grade of C - or better in these required courses.
The Health Care Management major is available online.