Master of Science in Education - Educational Design and Technology
This program exists to equip individuals in learning organizations to serve as ethical, innovative, and effective leaders of learning, design, and educational technology. The CUW program has a fourfold emphasis: digital literacy, applying current research and design principles in order to create digital age learning experiences, exploring the implications of digital culture upon the present and future of learning organizations, and reflecting upon the spiritual and ethical implications of technology in education.
(ISTE Standards for Teachers)
1. Learner: Educators continually improve their practice by learning from and with others
and exploring proven and promising practices that leverage technology to improve
2. Leader: Educators seek out opportunities for leadership to support student
empowerment and success and to improve teaching and learning.
3. Citizen: Educators inspire students to positively contribute to and responsibly participate
in the digital world.
4. Collaborator: Educators dedicate time to collaborate with both colleagues and students
to improve practice, discover and share resources and ideas, and solve problems.
5. Designer: Educators design authentic, learner-driven activities and environments that
recognize and accommodate learner variability.
6. Facilitator: Educators facilitate learning with technology to support student achievement.
7. Analyst: Educators understand and use data to drive their instruction and support
students in achieving their learning goals.
8. Christian Ethical Leader: Educators model Christian servant leadership through
consistent, moral, and ethical behaviors and, by example, inspire others to do likewise in
their personal, professional, and community life.
|EDT 5000||Digital Citizenship and Ethics||3|
|EDT 5005||Leadership, Collaboration, and Coaching||3|
|EDT 5010||Assessment and Data Analysis||3|
|EDT 5015||Theories of Learning and Design||3|
|EDT 5020||Instructional Design||3|
|EDT 5025||Research in Educational Technology||3|
|EDT 7040||Ed Tech Capstone Project||3|
|EDT 7001||Educational Design and Technology Portfolio I||0|
|EDT 7002||Educational Design and Technology Portfolio II||0|
|EDT 7003||Educational Design and Technology Portfolio III||0|
|Select 12 credits of the following:||12|
|Modalities of Digital Learning|
|Ed Ministry in Digital World|
|Support and Troubleshooting|
|Applying Technology in Content Areas|
|Multimedia for the Classroom|
|Building Online Learning Communities|
|Educators as Game Designers|
|Special Topics in Ed Tech|
Other electives as approved by the program director