The Graduate Certificate in Christian Education equips individuals to promote a distinctly Christian education in school, church, community and beyond. Learners will examine the historical and Biblical foundations of Christian education, current and critical issues as well as future opportunities and possibilities. Expect to be challenged, equipped and inspired toward servant leadership in Christian education.
The Objectives of the Christian Education Certificate
- Design and promote curriculum, methods, models and metaphors for Christian education that are both effective and rooted in philosophical and biblical/theological foundations for Christian education.
- Address current, emerging, and critical challenges and opportunities in Christian education.
- While courses are rooted in the Lutheran tradition, students of all Christian denominations are welcome in this vibrant learning community.
- Promote, support and model a distinctly Lutheran / Christian approach to leadership and innovation in Christian education.
- Promote biblically and theologically sound principles and approaches to moral and spiritual development.
Curriculum for the Christian Education Certificate
|EDG 901||Hist & Phil of Christian Ed||3|
|EDG 902||Ldrshp & Innov in Christian Ed||3|
|EDG 903||Contemp Issues in Christian Ed||3|
|EDG 904||Mthds, Models, Metaphrs Chr Ed||3|
|EDG 905||Faith & Learning Chritian Ed||3|