General Business Major (A)
Students first receive a foundation in business skills and then select classes in accounting, business law, human resources, international business, marketing, economics, and finance according to their interest.
Program Learning Outcomes
By fulfilling all of the course requirements for the Bachelor's of Science in General Business, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of how the Christian worldviews in formulating appropriate and enlightened responses to ethical issues and dilemmas.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the complexity of elements important to members of another culture in relation to history, values, politics, communication styles, economy, or beliefs and practices.
3. Demonstrate an understanding and a disposition that a student builds across the business curriculum.
4. Identify and evaluates conclusions, implications, and consequences.
5. Utilize, interpret and assess quantitative data to inform and drive sound decision making.
6. Demonstrates language that skillfully communicates meaning to readers with clarity and fluency.
7. Demonstrates the ability to convert relevant information into an insightful mathematical portrayal in a way that contributes to a further or deeper understanding.
This major requires the business core and 12 credits of business electives plus BUS 240 and MGMT 472.
|Core Requirements 1||45|
For transfer students, please see the Advanced Transfer Core.
|Required Core Courses|
|Business Statistics (counted in University Core )|
|Macroeconomics (counted in University Core )|
|Public Speaking (or COMM 201)|
or COMM 201
|Required Business Core Courses|
|ACCT 203||Financial Accounting||3|
|ACCT 223||Managerial Accounting||3|
|BUS 161||Business Essentials||3|
|BUS 210||Business Law I||3|
|BUS 355||Management Information Systems||3|
|BUS 399||Business Internship||3|
|BUS 453||Business Policy and Ethics (Business School Capstone)||3|
|FIN 300||Principles of Finance||3|
|MGMT 130||Principles of Management||3|
|MGMT 336||Human Resource Management||3|
|MGMT 450||International Business||3|
|MKTG 131||Principles of Marketing||3|
|Required Major Courses|
|MGMT 472||Managing Change||3|
|BUS 240||Project Management||3|
|Select 12 credits of Business Electives||12|