Fashion Merchandising Major (M)
Fashion merchandising focuses on global retail, product and trend analysis, fashion show coordination and visual presentation. Professionals in this field focus on promoting apparel sales and meeting the needs of both customers and designers. Graduates will possess and demonstrate skills and knowledge in pricing, buying, marketing, sales, and creative display. This program is a 1-2-1 partnership with Mount Mary University, which means some of the classes will be held on their campus. Students who complete this degree find careers in retail management, fashion buying, visual merchandising, assortment planning and wardrobe consultation.
Program Learning Outcomes
By fulling all of the course requirements for the Bachelor's of Science in Fashion Merchandising, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate skills in buying, pricing, marketing and methods of display.
- Promote apparel sales to appropriate customer segments locally and internationally.
- Organize, plan and execute events including fashion shows and promotional engagements.
- Use analytical thinking to make data-driven decisions in budgeting, sales forecasting and financial management.
- Recognize and create effective digital design using industry standard tools.
- Engage in strategic planning in retail, product management and customer engagement
- Develop, execute and measure the quality of campaigns in advertising.
|Core Requirements 1||45|
For transfer students, please see the Advanced Transfer Core.
|Required Core Courses|
|Business Statistics (counted in University Core)|
|Macroeconomics (counted in University Core)|
or COMM 201
|Core Business Requirements|
|ACCT 205||Accounting & Finance for Business Professionals||3|
|BUS 210||Business Law I||3|
|BUS 161||Business Essentials||3|
|or BUS 162||Quantitative Business Essentials|
|BUS 355||Management Information Systems||3|
|BUS 399||Business Internship||3|
|BUS 453||Business Policy and Ethics (Business School Capstone)||3|
|MGMT 130||Management & Leadership||3|
|or MBA 544||People-Focused Management|
|MKTG 131||Sales and Marketing||3|
|FSH (MMU) 107||Fashion Concepts and Careers||2|
|FSH (MMU) 109||Intro to Adob||2|
|FSH (MMU) 235/235B||Textiles||4|
|FSH (MMU) 265||Global Retailing Principles||3|
|FSH (MMU) 319||Visual Presentation||3|
|FSH (MMU) 321||History of Costume||3|
|FSH (MMU) 322||Product Analysis||3|
|FSH (MMU) 331||Trend Analysis||3|
|FSH (MMU) 346||Professional Seminar||2|
|FSH (MMU) 367||Merchandising with Plan-O-Grams||3|
|FSH (MMU) 375||Fashion Show Coordination||3|
|FSH (MMU) 380||Special Topics: Merchandise Management||1-3|
|FSH (MMU) 398||Internships: Fashion Careers||2-4|
|FSH (MMU) 418||Buying and Assortment Planning||4|
|FSH (MMU) 436||Apparel Industry Seminar||3|