Business Management (EC)
Major: Business Management
The Business Management major includes study from a variety of disciplines which will enable the student to develop knowledge, skills, and attitudes to more effectively deal with managerial, human, and financial dynamics within an organization. Student learning goals for the Business Management major include the ability to apply:
- Critical and creative thinking skills in the business context;
- Strategic decision-making skills;
- Knowledge of operations and management – planning, organizing, leading and controlling the resources of an organization;
- Knowledge of human resource issues within the business organization;
- Dynamics of the marketing function, including product planning, pricing, promotion, channel management, and competition analysis;
- Basic accounting principles and construct and interpret financial statements;
- Knowledge of business financing strategies and processes.
- Knowledge of effective communication, in writing and presentations.
|Core Courses Required for Major 1||18|
Courses are listed in both the Core and the Major content areas, but are only counted once for the degree.
|AL 107||Student Success Strategies||3|
|AL 234||Speech Communication 2||3|
|AL 204||College Writing 2||3|
|AL 159||Heritage of Faith 2||3|
|AL 169||Business Statistics 2, 3||3|
|AL 356||Critical Thinking and Creativi 2||3|
|AL 272||Organizational Management 3||3|
|AL 366||Marketing Management 3||3|
|AL 359||Human Resource Management 3||3|
|AL 347||Macroeconomics 2,3||3|
|AL 367||International Business 3||3|
|AL 368||Philosophy of Values and Ethic||3|
|AL 365||Financial Accounting 3||3|
|AL 346||Principles of Finance 3||3|
|BUS 240||Project Management||3|
|AL 371||Business Policy (Business School Capstone) 3||3|
Starred courses fulfill core requirements inside the major.
All students pursuing a Business major must earn a grade of C - or better in these required courses.
The Business Management major is available online.