Education Programs - CUW

The graduate program was developed by the graduate faculty, approved by the graduate committee, the faculty, and the Board of Regents of Concordia University. The directors of the programs, under the direction of the Vice President of Academics, are responsible for the administration of the graduate program.

Preferred Educational Partnership (PEP):

Through our Preferred Educational Partnerships (PEP), Concordia University Wisconsin can help assess the unique educational needs of your district, school, or organization, and provide optimal professional development solutions. Our educational team will work with you to understand your needs and goals, in order to deliver programs customized to your needs. Multiple options exist: site-based face-to-face cohort programs, on-campus delivery, online options, blended programs, or a customized PD program. Students whose districts are already a PEP district are eligible for a tuition scholarship towards each graduate-level course. For more information and the online application form, visit  If your district is interested in becoming a PEP with CUW, please have an administrator contact Sarah Mayer at or (262)243-4557.

Christian Community Scholarship:

Grants are available to teachers in Christian Schools. To be eligible, the student must be employed at a private Christian school and taking courses in Graduate Education at one of Concordia University campus locations or online. The value of the grant is $500 toward a three-credit course. An application for the Christian Community Scholarship is required each academic year. The application can be found at:

Portfolios, Practicums/Internships, Capstones, and Theses

Most graduate education programs have requirements such as a capstone, thesis, portfolio, or fieldwork experience (practicum, internship). Students are required to register for these courses early in the academic term. Students in these courses are required to complete coursework within the six-month term in which they are registered, and a final grade will be submitted upon completion of that semester. If a student is unable to finish within this time frame due to extenuating circumstances, an extension of up to one semester may be requested. Approval must be received by the Program Director and Director of Graduate Education for any extension requests.

Repetition of Courses

If a student earns a grade of C- or lower in a graduate education course, the student will be required to retake the course in order to meet graduation requirements for program completion and licensing. Students may not repeat a course more than once unless there is approval from the Program Director. If a student does not earn a C or higher in a repeated course, and the student’s GPA is below a 3.0, the student may be dismissed from his/her graduate education program.