Master of Science in Organizational Leadership and Administration
Today’s challenging and changing global economy demands ethical and effective leaders! The Master of Science in Organizational Leadership & Administration (OLA) at Concordia University empowers you to develop the qualities and traits of a transformative leader. The OLA program exposes you to leadership theory and practice, vital ethical and guiding principles, and team-building exercises. Christian Leadership that Empowers Today’s Minds to Transform Tomorrow’s World. The OLA Program requires 32 semester hours of credit comprising 10 courses.
Inspiring change and cooperation in an organization requires a smart and intuitive team leader, equipped with the right tools to create and maximize the benefits of a truly motivated work environment. The result: a strong group identity built on commitment and trust.
A graduate-level degree in Organizational Leadership and Administration (OLA) prepares you for management roles in all areas of business. Concordia University OLA program blends Christian leadership and ethics with organizational theory and practice. It prepares a wide variety of working professionals to work with people and guide group efforts effectively with methods based in proven scientific study.
Leadership is a process that involves setting a purpose and direction guided by ethical and moral Christian principles, inspiring people to combine and work towards willingly, paying attention to the means, pace and quality of progress towards the aim, and upholding group unity and individual effectiveness with confidence and transparency.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Understand a wide range of leadership theories including culture and gender theories
- Strategically lead and manage others
- Evaluate, select and use information systems in a variety of environments
- Apply Christian ethics in a professional setting
- Create a leadership development plan based on 360-degree feedback
- Build and use financial management skills
- Learn to maximize team participation, collaboration, and effectiveness
- Understand theories of organizational communication and current issues in ethical, interpersonal, cross cultural and competitive communication
|OLA 505||Theories, Strat, Visioning Ldr||4|
|OLA 509||Leading Change in Orgs||3|
|OLA 515||Organiz Comm and Negotiation||3|
|OLA 521||Select & Implement Info Sys||3|
|OLA 542||Ethical Dimens of Leadership||3|
|OLA 550||Special Topics in Leadership||3|
|OLA 555||Financial Analysis & Budg||3|
|OLA 563||Leadership in Internatl Orgs||3|
|OLA 570||Leadership Competencies Pract||3|
|OLA 599||Graduate Research Project||4|
Post-Baccalaureate students can earn a graduate certificate by completing an additional 15 credits within one of the MBA concentration areas.