Entrepreneurship Major (M)
Entrepreneurship is characterized by creativity and innovation, risk-taking and learning from failure. Students in this program will develop a network of individuals, organizations and professionals who are entrepreneurial-minded and connected to resources. Students are expected to demonstrate competence in leveraging technology in market research and identification, develop a business model, prototype an idea for a business or service, and develop a business plan for a start up or participate in starting a company or new business venture.
Program Learning Outcomes
By fulfilling all of the course requirements for the Bachelor's of Science in Entrepreneurship, students will be able to:
1. Develop and grow an entrepreneurial network of individuals, organizations and professionals.
2. Develop and display knowledge and skills related to innovation, creativity, problem-solving, perseverance and adaptability.
3. Ideate and identify emerging markets, trends, problems, and challenges.
4. Demonstrate competence in leveraging technology in market research and identification.
5. Articulate a vision for and commitment to ethical business practice in the education sector.
6. Demonstrate adaptability and “pivot-ability.”
7. Develop a business model and prototype an idea for a business or service.
8. Create and develop business plans.
9. Start or participate in starting a company/new business venture.
|Core Requirements 1||45|
For transfer students, please see the Advanced Transfer Core.
|Required Core Courses|
|Business Statistics (counted in University Core)|
|Macroeconomics (counted in University Core)|
|Public Speaking (or COMM 201)|
or COMM 201
|Core Business Requirements|
|ACCT 205||Accounting & Finance for Business Professionals||3|
|BUS 210||Business Law I||3|
|BUS 161||Business Essentials||3|
|or BUS 162||Quantitative Business Essentials|
|BUS 355||Management Information Systems||3|
|BUS 399||Business Internship||3|
|BUS 453||Business Policy and Ethics (Business School Capstone)||3|
|MGMT 130||Management & Leadership||3|
|or MBA 544||People-Focused Management|
|MKTG 131||Sales and Marketing||3|
|Required Major Courses|
|ENTR 250||Legal Landscape of Entrepreneurship||3|
|MGMT 360||Small Business Administration||3|
|ENTR 362||Planning New Ventures||3|
|MKTG 426||Marketing Research||3|
|ENTR 390||Entrepreneurship Practicum||3|
|BUS 335||Nonprofit Fundraising and Grant Writing||3|
|Choose 1 of the following:||3|
|Organizational Management Principles|
|Supply Chain Management|