Human Resource and Strategic Leadership Major (A)
The Human Resource and Strategic Leadership program equips students with the knowledge and skills necessary for management in the human resource function within an organization. Students will develop interpersonal and technical skills in areas such as employment practices, staffing, compensation and benefits, training and change management necessary to help businesses thrive.
Program Learning Outcomes
By fulfilling all of the course requirements for the Bachelor's of Science in Human Resource and Strategic Leadership, students will be able to:
1. Recognize, clarify and apply important federal and state legislation, case law decisions, and executive orders that affect employment relationships.
2. Analyze compensation plans that identify and describe plan objectives, salary structure, and fringe benefits.
3. Recognize organizational performance models that create effective teams and organizations through employee motivation, engagement, culture, and change management.
4. Develop methods for attracting, retaining, developing, and engaging a diverse workforce.
5. Identify and describe the elements of servant leadership which apply to the work of the human resource professional.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of employee and management conflict resolution practices.
|Core Requirements 1||45|
For transfer students, please see the Advanced Transfer Core.
|Required Core Courses|
|Business Statistics (counted in University Core)|
|Macroeconomics (counted in University Core)|
|Public Speaking (or COMM 201, counted in University Core)|
or COMM 201
|Required Business Core Courses|
|ACCT 203||Financial Accounting||3|
|ACCT 223||Managerial Accounting||3|
|BUS 161||Business Essentials||3|
|BUS 210||Business Law I||3|
|BUS 355||Management Information Systems||3|
|BUS 399||Business Internship||3|
|BUS 453||Business Policy and Ethics (Business School Capstone)||3|
|FIN 300||Principles of Finance||3|
|MGMT 130||Principles of Management||3|
|MGMT 336||Human Resource Management||3|
|MGMT 450||International Business||3|
|MKTG 131||Principles of Marketing||3|
|Required Major Courses|
|BUS 272||Organizational Management Principles||3|
|BUS 265||Employment and Labor Relations||3|
|BUS 388||Compensation and Benefits||3|
|MGMT 345||Diversity, Inclusion, and Human Relations||3|
|BUS 434||Training and Employee Development||3|
|MGMT 472||Managing Change||3|
|BUS 473||Integrative Project: HR Management||3|