Health Care Administration (A)
This program focuses on managing resources in a health care setting while working to understand the business implications on the health care system. Students will be equipped with the ability to evaluate research results focusing on health care, management and decision-making, operations and communications. Graduates are prepared for roles in hospitals, long-term care facilities, medical groups, medical device or pharmaceutical companies, and other clinical settings.
By fulfilling all of the course requirements for the Bachelor's of Science in Health Care Administration, students will be able to:
1. Analyze health care demonstrating acceptance of individuals as holistic beings, created by God, respecting the dignity, worth, and rights of the individual.
2. Respect diversity within the health care community for both those who are served and the providers of care.
3. Synthesize knowledge from a multi-disciplinary perspective including, but, not limited to: management, finance, marketing, and policy theories.
4. Recognize the differences and similarities of current trends and issues relative to the healthcare industry as a basis for problem-solving and decision-making in health care.
5. Demonstrate a willingness to work cohesively and communicate interpersonally with members of the interdisciplinary health care team; including demonstration of effective communication both written and oral.
6. Recognize current trends and issues relative to health care management to evaluate and research results applicable to health care practice.
|Core Requirements 1||45|
For transfer students, please see the Advanced Transfer Core.
|Required Core Courses|
or COMM 201
or COMM 105
|Required Business Core Courses|
|ACCT 203||Financial Accounting||3|
|ACCT 223||Managerial Accounting||3|
|BUS 210||Business Law I||3|
|BUS 162||Quantitative Business Essentials||3|
|BUS 355||Management Info Systems||3|
|BUS 399||Business Internship||3|
|BUS 453||Business Policy and Ethics (Business School Capstone)||3|
|FIN 300||Principles of Finance||3|
|MGMT 130||Principles of Management||3|
|MGMT 450||International Business||3|
|MKTG 131||Principles of Marketing||3|
|HCM 320||Mgmt Principles in Health Care||3|
|HCM 335||Health Care Marketing||3|
|HCM 300||Health Care Ethics||3|
|HCM 330||Financial Issues Health Care||3|
|HCM 310||Current Trends in Health Care||3|
|MGMT 345||Diversity, Inclusion, and Human Relations||3|
|HCM 304||Health Care Planning and Evaluation||3|